Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sour Grapes

Well, I thought my photo was quite good, but that wasn't the view of the judge, so that was that! They have no taste. Nor about the painting, which I came third in, out of 4! I agreed that the first place was well deserved, no question, but, otherwise, I though mine was rather nice. Ho hum. But then, my tomatoes were 2nd, out of 3! And my runner bean was pipped to the post by a stonker, at least half a cm longer than mine! And now it's inedible, it has been hanging around awaiting it's big moment for so long. One year I'll win something. The trials and tribulations of village life.

2 comments:

Sal said...

In one village where I lived, my hubby was asked to judge the Victoria Sponge class.
He chose the winner but was then told which one he ought to have chosen.
He stood his ground and was told..'but that one is Betty's..are you sure you dont mean to choose that one?
(It seems that Betty always won!)
Still he insisted on the one he chose.
We never took part again!
;-)

Sal said...

I thought your photo was lovely ;-)