Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Village Flower Show

I love the village flower show! It is about the only thing I get time/excited about in the annual calendar for the garden club in Treknow. It is such fun to nurture the runner bean to get it as long as possible, to select the most uniform tomatoes, and to see how they compare with the other entries in the show. And, this year we had a painting section, so I had to do a picture of the local area for that, especially so as I had suggested paintings be included. I only finished it a few minutes before taking it to the hall. My sweet peas are definitely not winners, there was a longer runner bean there, and I didn't get a cake baked or a flower arrangement done, so, not many chances of prizes really!

It is such an occasion of bonhomie and friendly competition, with the same people winning year after year but it really doesn't matter.

I will do a post later about how I have got on, or delete this entry if it is all too disastrous - eg, if I haven't even come third in a class where there are only two entries!

No comments: